Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas in Disney

I am now only 16 days away from my Disney World trip! I am taking Addie this year and we are staying at the Yacht Club. I got a great travel agent deal so we will be staying on the concierge floor. We can't wait!! If I really get techie, I may try to post some pictures from my phone to this blog---but it's a long shot! :)

Anyway, I love going to Disney over Christmas time and I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite things! So for today, here is my FAVORITE Disney Christmas tradition....


The Candlelight Processional
What is this, you may ask? A Disney tradition now in its 39th year (2009), the Candlelight Processional is a presentation of the Christmas story in readings by a celebrity narrator and music by a mass choir and 50-piece orchestra. This event takes place in the America Gardens Theatre in World Showcase in Epcot.

It begins November 27, 2009, and runs every evening until December 30. Shows are approximately 40 minutes. Each evening there are three shows -- 5, 6:45 and 8 p.m. That's the technical description anyway! This is a wonderful, musical presentation of the Christmas story. The entire thing is moving but when they close with the Hallelujah Chorus, well, it is truly awe inspiring.

So who will I be seeing this year?? Steven Curtis Chapman!!! In fact, I scheduled my flight for really, really early in the morning so I could make it for his last night of the Processional. I just can't wait to see him! I heard him do the Processional a few years ago and he is by far the best narrator I have heard!

Here's the list of who else will be narrating this year:
November 27-29 -- Isabella Rossellini
November 30, December 1-2 -- John O' Hurley
December 3-5 -- Steven Curtis Chapman
December 6-8 -- TBA
December 9-11 -- Andy Garcia
December 12-14 -- Vanessa Williams
December 15-17 -- Abigail Breslin
December 18-20 -- Whoopi Goldberg
December 21-23 -- Brian Dennehy
December 24-26 -- Edward James Olmos
December 27-30 -- Angela Bassett & Courtney B. Vance
If you ever have the opportunity to see the Candlelight Processional, do it! It is not to be missed in my opinion!
Steven Curtis, here I come!!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you and hopefully hanging out at the "World"!! Only 6 more days!!!!

    ReplyDelete